Halker provides our municipal, industrial and commercial clients with full-service environmental assessments, remedial design and remedial construction management services. We provide clients with personalized, value-added services which contributes to their success by ensuring compliance with all applicable State and Federal environmental regulations, minimizing liability, and reducing long-term operating costs.
Remedial investigations serve as the mechanism for collecting data to characterize site conditions and contaminants-of-concern, assessing the corresponding risks to human health and the environment and conducting treatability studies to evaluate the potential performance and cost of potential treatment technologies.
These investigations then allow Halker’s multi-disciplinary team to design, screen, and evaluate alternative remedial actions such as:
• Environmental Screening Inspections / Environmental Transaction Screens
• Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
• Phase II Intrusive Soil and Groundwater Investigations
• Remedial Investigations / Feasibility Studies (RI/FS)
• Radiological Investigations
• Engineering Evaluation / Cost Analyses (EE/CA)
• Waste Minimization Programs / Treatability Studies
• Indoor Air Quality Investigations
Once technical specifications for cleanup remedies and technologies have been designed, appropriate remedial actions may be implemented. Site-remediation is the process of removing contaminated soils, sediments, surface waters, or groundwaters from a site, to reduce the impact on people or the environment and allow for its return to beneficial use.
Halker’s multi-disciplinary team works to provide our clients with technically sound, cost-effective solutions designed to minimize environmental liability for projects such as:
• Building Decontamination / Deconstruction
• Site Decommissioning
• Underground Storage Tank (UST) Management
• In-situ / Ex-situ Bioremediation
• Asbestos in Soil Removal Actions
• CERCLA Removal Actions
• Groundwater Pump-and-Treat Technology / Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE) Systems
Environmental compliance means meeting the requirements of laws, regulations, and codes designed to protect the environment. In practical terms, it means doing your environmental due diligence to ensure you don’t fall afoul of regulations, setting up policies, cleaning up contamination, and managing programs to ensure ongoing compliance. The reason environmental compliance is complex is that it involves complying with an enormous range of requirements at every level of government. You must understand not only federal EPA regulations that apply to your property, your business, and your activities, but also regulations that apply specifically to your city, county, and state.
Halker can help you with:
• Environmental Health & Safety Monitoring & Oversight
• Environmental Compliance Audits and Permit Compliance Activities
• Industrial Hygiene / Health & Safety Compliance Programs
• Wildlife / Migratory Bird Surveys
• Certified Asbestos Building Inspector (CABI) Support
• Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans
• Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
• Hazard Communication / Worker Right-to-Know Programs
• Expert Witness / Litigation Support