Halker Consulting is committed to the protection of the environment and the health and safety of employees. We seek to avoid the generation of unnecessary waste. We reuse and recycle waste wherever possible, and where waste must be disposed of this is undertaken using safe and responsible methods.
Company Wide Sustainability Pledge
At Halker, all employees are accountable for maintaining a safe workplace, preventing safety and environmental incidents, and complying with regulatory and company standards. In the event of an incident or a safety or environmental concern, employees must notify management promptly so the issue can be addressed.
In support of our commitment to employee safety and protecting the environment, Halker will:
Halker undertakes the following practices to reduce, reuse and recycle waste
• Encourage suppliers to reduce waste by providing more sustainable product and packaging alternatives
• Buy products in bulk and in concentrated forms wherever possible to avoid excess packaging
• Buy paper products made from recycled material
• Use online order forms to reduce paper consumption
• Use electronic rather than printed marketing materials
• Reuse containers and packaging for storage
• Maintain effective internal waste separation systems to maximize resource recovery
• Recycle packaging such as cardboard, plastic wraps and films
• Recycle paper and containers
• Monitor waste generation and regularly review practices for continuous improvement
• Continue a flexible work from home policy to reduce unnecessary drive time
Halker Consulting is excited to announce we will be moving to a new building in Q2 of 2021! Plans are in development to install Solar Panels and incorporate Solar Energy to the existing buildings infrastructure. Halker supports an “energy mix” mindset to meet the needs of local, national and international energy demand. We look forward to incorporating Solar Energy into our daily operations and continuing our daily efforts to reduce consumption in our community.